The leaves are falling and we know what that means…winter is just around the corner!
Time to Reboot
Fall is one of the most beautiful seasons in the Northeast. As the hot summer weather subsides take some time to refresh, and prepare your home for winter. Below are some tips to help you as the weather gets cooler.
Winter Preparation Tips
- Clean gutters, disconnect and drain all outside hoses. If possible shut off outside water valves.
- Insulate walls and attics and caulk doors and windows. Mold often finds a way in through small air leaks in the home.
- Inspect your roof and make needed repairs to prevent leaks.
- Insulate water pipes in areas in your basement and consider an insulated blanket for your hot water heater. This prevents them from possibly bursting and causing water damage!
- Keep fireplace flues closed when not in use.
- Move furniture away from heating vents to prevent a possible fire.
- Prevent ice dams by ventilating your attic, insulating the attic floor well to minimize heat rising through the attic.
If your home or office does end up experiencing issues related to winter such as ice dams, burst pipes, or an accidental fire, you know who to call! We’re available 24/7 for emergency water and fire damage situations and can arrive on site quickly and begin restoration efficiently. We’re here for you in Plymouth County, Barnstable County, Norfolk County, Nantucket County, and Dukes County, Massachusetts.