At ServiceMaster South Shore, we understand the urgency required to successfully restore homes and businesses after a fire. Our experts have years of experience in cleaning walls, ceilings and floors, and they know how to salvage valuable belongings safely. From smoke odor removal to contents restoration, our professional services help you avoid additional costs when restoring your property after a fire.
We use advanced equipment and technology in our restoration process. When we restore a property, you should expect the following:
- Emergency pre-cleaning
- Valuables & materials cleaning
- Content pack-out (if further restoration is needed)
- Wall, surface, floor and ceiling cleaning
- Smoke odor removal
Additionally, if you have recently experienced a fire in your home or business, you should take these steps to prevent further damage to your property:
- Vacuum floors and upholstery to prevent soot damage – DO NOT wipe with a wet rag.
- Avoid eating any food that may have been contaminated during the fire. Also, turn off your electricity to clean the refrigerator and freezer.
- Change the air filter in your furnace and tape damp cheesecloth over vents to capture soot in the air.
- Avoid wiping anything, as this will smear the soot and cause further damage. Instead, let a professional take care of cleaning valuables.
- Call ServiceMaster South Shore immediately after the damage occurs.
- If it is warmer than 60 degrees outside, open your windows and doors to air out your property.