Water damage can be one of the most serious and potentially destructive things that can happen to your home. For Weymouth residents, water damage can come from a variety of sources and lead to electrical hazards, damage your home’s structure and furnishings, and eventually lead to the growth of deadly mold growth.
Luckily, if you’ve experienced water damage, you’re not alone: ServiceMaster South Shore is at your service when the worst happens. With just one call, our team of certified technicians is at your side to stop water damage and begin the restoration process as fast as possible.
What Causes Water Damage?
The following are some of the most common causes of water damage:
- Plumbing leaks (including burst or broken pipes/hoses)
- Severe weather and flooding
- Appliance leaks (such as refrigerators, water heaters, washing machines)
- A clogged toilet
- A leaking roof
- Foundation cracks
- Moisture trapped between walls and ceilings
What Is Water Mitigation?
Once water damage has occurred, the best way to stop it is through water mitigation. Simply put, water mitigation is the process of preventing or reducing the amount of water damage that may continue to degrade your home. By taking fast action and contacting ServiceMaster South Shore, you can prevent additional damage and cost that may be incurred if you try to handle the problem entirely by yourself.
What To Do If You’re In The Middle of A Loss
If your property has experienced water damage, the following are some of the best ways to safely perform water mitigation before professionals technicians arrive:
- Immediately call for professional help to avoid further water damage and bacteria-growth (all of which can occur in a matter of hours)
- Remove as much water as you can by continually mopping and blotting.
- Move photos, paintings, and art objects to a safe, dry location (or at least a higher location than the floor and source of the water).
- Open all drawers, closets, and cabinets to enhance drying.
- Remove wet area rugs, floor coverings, and any furniture not directly affected by water.
- Lift draperies and curtains from the floor, loop through a coat hanger, and hang them off of a drapery rod if they cannot be easily removed from the affected area.
- Wipe furniture and place aluminum foil under furniture legs.
With a comprehensive range of water damage services, we’ve got you covered. Our experienced technicians can assist you with a wide range of water damage repairs and other related services for your home, including:
- Site Security
- Contaminated Water & Sewage Backups
- Roof Leaks & Failures
- Carpet & Upholstered Furniture
- Appliance Ruptures & Leaks
- Drying & Dehumidification
- Flood Water
- Content & Document Drying
- Burst & Leaking Pipes
- Fire Fighting Damage
- All Commercial Services (including damage from fire, smoke, or mold)
Why Choose ServiceMaster South Shore?
If you have water damage in the Weymouth area, ServiceMaster South Shore is here to help get you back to normal. Our team of qualified and experienced experts are here to help you 24/7 for any emergency you may have to get you back to normal asap. Contact us to learn more about our service and how we can give you the peace of mind you deserve today!