ServiceMaster South Shore provides water damage clean-up services in Sandwich, MA and throughout the surrounding area. Whether you’ve got leaking faucets to broken water heaters to flooding, our team of experienced technicians are here for you.
Considering that water damage is one of the most common and potentially destructive problems you can face in your home, rapid response cleaning is a must. Left unaddressed, your home can become a breeding ground for mold, damage the structure of your home, and ruin your furniture.
Common Causes of Water Damage
There are plenty of ways that your home can become damaged by water. These include:
- Plumbing leaks
- A leaking roof
- Broken water heaters
- Severe weather and precipitation
- Appliance leaks
- Burst/broken pipes and hoses
- A clogged toilet
- Moisture behind walls
- Foundation cracks
- Pest infestation
What Is Water Mitigation?
To address these problems, water mitigation is necessary. Water mitigation is the process of reducing or preventing the amount of water damage that occurs by taking immediate steps towards fixing the problem. However, this process requires professional know-how and industry-standard equipment to address properly to prevent additional damage and cost.
Let’s take a look at what you should do in the middle of a loss due to water damage.
What To Do If You’re In The Middle of A Loss
- Because water and bacteria-growth damages can become unmanageable within a few hours, call professional help immediately.
- Move valuables such as photos, paintings, and art objects to a safe, dry location.
- Remove as much water as possible by blotting and mopping.
- Remove floor coverings (carpets, mats, etc.) not permanently attached to the floor.
- Shut off electricity if you can safely access the power mains (if not, contact your utilities companies immediately).
- Lift draperies and curtains from the floor by looping the material through a coat hanger and hang on a drapery rod.
- Wipe furniture, prop up wet cushions to dry, and place aluminum foil under furniture legs.
- Open drawers, closets, and cabinets to enhance drying.
- Open windows and doorways to enhance airflow.
What Not to Do
- Only enter a room with standing water if you’re 100% sure the electricity has been turned off.
- Never use electrical appliances while standing on/or near wet carpet or flooring.
- Do not disturb visible mold.
- Avoid living in the affected area or home until you’re sure the property has been adequately restored.
- Never lift tacked-down carpet without professional help.
Removing the Water & The Worry with ServiceMaster South Shore in Sandwich, MA Today
If you’ve got water damage, ServiceMaster South Shore’s rapid response is here to preserve your property and restore any affected areas. With a comprehensive range of water damage services, we’ve got you covered:
- Appliance ruptures and leaks
- Roof leaks and failures
- Broken water heaters
- Flooded basement
- Rising water
- Damage from firefighting
- Burst/leaking pipes
- Contaminated water
- Sewage backup and overflow
- Content and document drying
- Carpet and upholstered furniture
From start to finish, we’re with you every step of the way, working within your schedule and budget to bring you the peace of mind that you deserve. Call us 24/7 to schedule your next cleaning and restoration when water damage strikes.