“We’d decided on the spur of the moment to take the twins down to Thayer Woods. They love exploring over there. While we were gone, some wires in the kitchen wall overheated and caught on fire. The alarm system called the fire department, and by the time we got home, they already had the flames […]
“Sometimes kids do stupid things.” Glenda shook her head. “When the boys asked if they could toast some marshmallows, I said sure. I thought they were going to use the barbecue grill.” Instead, Glenda’s boys, who are 15 and 13, built a sizable bonfire in the family’s backyard.
The situation quickly got out of hand, and […]