ServiceMaster South Shore supporting our troops,
veterans and local non-profit organizations in the spirit of the holiday season!
Tis the season of gratitude and giving! Our staff and their families have been busy giving back.
ServiceMaster South Shore, our staff and families are proud supporters of our military, both active duty and veterans, and their families. We appreciate and respect the time that they sacrifice, away from their families and friends, so that we may enjoy time with our own. Over the past 8 weeks, our staff have provided lunch to veterans at The Nathan Hale Foundation, as well as volunteering to help package 125 Thanksgiving meals for local veterans and their families. We have also been busy donating, volunteering and collecting donations to contribute to Cape Cod Cares for the Troops. This awesome organization mailed 1,250 care packages complete with a personalized stocking to our soldiers currently serving overseas.
If you would like to lend your support to either of these giving organizations, please visit:
ServiceMaster South Shore also proudly supports the following local non-profit organizations:
- The Marshfield Food Pantry marshfieldfoodpantry.org/id2.html
- The Scituate Food Pantry https://www.scituatefoodpantry.org/
- The Family Pantry of Cape Cod https://www.thefamilypantry.com/
- Carolina Hill http://www.carolinahill.org/donate.html
As we celebrate one of the busiest and best times of the year, please remember these important Fire Prevention Safety Tips found here.
Fire Prevention Safety Tips
- Check all holiday light cords to make sure they aren’t frayed or broken. Don’t string too many strands of lights together—no more than three per extension cord.
- When buying an artificial tree, look for the fire-resistant label. When putting it up, keep it away from fireplaces, radiators and other sources of heat.
- If getting a live tree, make sure it’s fresh and water it daily to keep it fresh. Bend the needles up and down to make sure no needles fall off.
- If using older decorations, check their labels. Be aware that some older tinsel is lead-based. If using angel hair, wear gloves to avoid irritation. Avoid breathing in artificial snow.
- When decorating outside, make sure decorations are for outdoor use and fasten lights securely to your home or trees. If using hooks or nails outside, make sure they are insulated to avoid electrocution or fire hazard.
- If using a ladder, be extra careful, making sure to have good, stable placement; wear shoes that allow for good traction.
- Don’t use electric lights on metallic trees.
- Don’t forget to turn off all holiday lights when going to bed or leaving the house.
- Candles should always be kept out of reach of children and pets and away from holiday decorations.
- If hanging stockings on the fireplace mantel, don’t light the fireplace.
Happy Holidays! ServiceMaster South Shore wishes you all the best for the holiday season and the coming year.