Our favorite fire damage tips.
When your home or business experiences a fire, here’s what to do:
- Do not attempt to wash any papered or flat painted walls without consulting your professional cleaner. Incorrect cleaning procedures could compound the soot residue problem.
- Do not attempt to clean carpets or upholstered furniture. Again, incorrect procedures could increase damage.
- Do not use electrical appliances that have been close to fire or water before having them checked. They could malfunction.
- Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet. A short circuit could result.
- Do not touch anything. Soot on your hands can permeate upholstery, walls and woodwork, causing further damage.
- Do not eat food that has been exposed to fire or smoke.
- Call ServiceMaster South Shore for professional help.