Dear ServiceMaster Restore Customer,
As experts in creating clean, safe and healthy environments, we at ServiceMaster would like to share our expertise to help you enhance preventive protocols for your office.
The current flu season, along with the outbreak of a newer pathogen, the coronavirus (COVID-19), offers an opportunity to reinforce for your employees the importance of keeping their workspaces clean, safe, and healthy. Our experience and training afford us the ability to promote safe practices for infection prevention within all businesses.
The CDC has published interim guidance for non-health care employers that provides some direction (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/guidance-business-response.html).Our preventive recommendations during the current COVID-19 situation are similar to our recommendations during a regular flu season:
- Encourage sick employees to stay home, including separating sick employees or sending home.
- Emphasize respiratory etiquette (e.g., coughing into one’s elbow, immediately disposing of used tissues) and hand hygiene by all employees.
- Provide routine environmental cleaning, especially on high-touch surfaces with general cleaning agents, followed by disposable wipes provided to employees.
- Advise employees to take safe travel steps.
- Additional measures with COVID-19: Employees who are well but have a family member with COVID-19 should notify their supervisor and other employees in the workplace.
It is important to keep in mind that COVID-19 is a new and emerging pathogen. Regulators are just beginning to understand COVID-19 — how it spreads, the incubation period, length and severity of illness — knowledge that will continue to develop over time. We will continue to update you as the CDC, EPA, FDA, and OSHA provide more information.
We also want you to know that, while we hope it will not be necessary, we are qualified and equipped with the required protocols and processes should any pathogen outbreak occur within your facility. Please call us if we can be of service.
See ServiceMaster South Shore Featured on WCVB: Plymouth schools cancel weekend activities amid COVID-19 fears https://www.wcvb.com/article/plymouth-student-being-tested-for-coronavirus/31249044