“When I first discovered that we had mold, I honestly thought it was no big deal.” Nancy shrugged her shoulders. “You get some bleach water and a scrub brush, and that’s that, right?”
Armed with elbow grease and a can-do attitude, Nancy set out to handle the mold growth in her home herself. “All it took was maybe ten minutes. I was scrubbing, and scrubbing, and scrubbing, and all of a sudden, I wasn’t feeling good at all. I started getting all choked up. It felt like I couldn’t breathe.”
A quick trip to the Emergency Department revealed that Nancy was having an allergic reaction to the mold she’d been trying to eradicate from her home. “By scrubbing at the mold, I was causing all of these spores to go up in the air, where I breathed them in. I didn’t have a mask on – who thinks about stuff like that?”
Mold and mildew can pose a serious health hazard for anyone. People who have environmental allergies, asthma, a compromised immune system, COPD, or any number of common respiratory ailments are particularly prone to mold’s hazards. That’s why home safety experts recommend choosing a professional Marshfield Mold Remediation Company if you have mold in your home.
When the pros do Marshfield mold clean up, they use the most effective, proven solutions to eradicate mold and mildew from your home. In many instances, our team may be able to identify the structural problem or concern that is contributing to mold growth, which is information you want to have when fixing your home.
Mold and mildew need three elements to thrive. The first is warmth: most molds grow best in temperatures we find comfortably warm. The second is a surface to cling to and feed on: carpet fibers and wall board are two favorites! The third is moisture. A leaky window seal or loose shingle can result in plenty of water to support your thriving mold population.