Our favorite fire damage tips.

When your home or business experiences a fire, here’s what to do:

  • Do not attempt to wash any papered or flat painted walls without conToy house on firesulting your professional cleaner. Incorrect cleaning procedures could compound the soot residue problem.
  • Do not attempt to clean carpets or upholstered furniture. Again, incorrect procedures could increase damage.
  • Do not use electrical appliances that have been close to fire or water before having them checked. They could malfunction.
  • Do not use ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet. A short circuit could result.
  • Do not touch anything. Soot on your hands can permeate upholstery, walls and woodwork, causing further damage.
  • Do not eat food that has been exposed to fire or smoke.
  • Call ServiceMaster South Shore for professional help.